Anyone else want to contribute or work on this?

Coordinator
Jan 12, 2011 at 4:19 PM

All,

Work has been pretty consuming since the fall and I have not had the time to work on this project. Anyways, my intention of putting this up on CodePlex was to get more people involved to fix bugs or take it further (make it better). Any volunteers?

I hope to get back on this when things slow down.

May 11, 2011 at 11:39 AM

Hi There:

I was looking at the discussion threads for the SharePoint 2007 SmartPart and noticed a post from you back in August 2010 where it was mentioned that an upgraded version of the SmartPart (compatible with SharePoint 2010) was available and this this new project section was created.

I am not a developer so forgive my lack of development expertise but and I am trying in helping users who relied on a third party vendor for creating user controls utilized via the SmartPart web part.  The goal is moving to SharePoint 2010 but the SmartPart piece is a huge dependency (about 80% of site functionality depends on it).

I see files on the download section but it seems the code needs to be put together in Visual Studio so that a SharePoint solution package may be created. Do you know if perhaps an installation file or solution package could be made available?

Thank you so very much!

Coordinator
May 17, 2011 at 1:13 PM

Yeah I could try to get to that. I know your looking for Jan's sweet installer, but he did not make that code available. I have not done anything like that and with work right now I don't have the time to work on this. Again another reason for more people to get involved.

Developer
May 17, 2011 at 3:27 PM

I see you have added me to the contribtors.  I will not be able to assist right this moment.  I have other deliverables that will take me to end of June.  Once these items have been delivered and released, I will download and assist with the development.  Please keep me posted on developments

Regards

Jaco

Developer
Feb 21, 2012 at 2:19 PM

Bartos00 and Hiszorn would like to contribute to this project.  Can you add us?   Thank you.

Coordinator
Feb 21, 2012 at 2:25 PM

Done