Using SmartPart for SharePoint 2010 when migrating from MOSS2007 to SP2010

May 25, 2011 at 7:54 AM

Hi,

I am on the process on migrating my website from MOSS2007 using SmartPart for SharePoint 2007 (V1_3), and I would like to know that the version SmartPart for SharePoint 2010 has the same references as SmartPart for SharePoint 2007 so when I will use the addcontent command, the 2007 content database will be updated without errors into 2010.

Do you think that it is better to use SmartPart for SharePoint 2007 source code and compile it again in Framework 3.5 and then use it in my new SharePoint 2010 environement?

Thanks for your help guys.

Patrick

Coordinator
May 26, 2011 at 1:17 PM

The Smart Part 2007 source code is the same code as Smart Part 2010. It is just put into a new project template that deploys it as a .dwp. The references should be the same, and you should be fine. The big difference is the key.snk is different and there for your will have adifferent public key token in your web config.

Jul 13, 2011 at 2:23 PM

Hello,

If the public key token has changed between SP2007 and SP2010, won't that mean there will be a discrepancy in the assembly signature in the webpart file (in each Web Part Gallery) and the safe control reference in the web.config? Or do things resolve somehow?

We have about 30 site collections that use the smart part, but the assembly signature is right in the dwp files. Won't that cause problems if the public key token has changed?

Coordinator
Feb 21, 2012 at 2:27 PM

Yes this will cause problems, but there is nothing I can do as the original signature file was not provided on Jan's code base. So all sites will need to be upgraded. If you can get Jans signature than this can be fixed.